Date: 26 March, 2017
Venue: King Fahd Hotel, B06
Time: 14:00 – 16:00
Infrastructure development and maintenance are core components of regional development initiatives in Africa. The United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (ECA) has played a prominent role in providing support to African countries towards capacity building and related areas for large scale infrastructure projects. An overriding goal of the support is to scale up knowledge through development of knowledge tools, their validation and increased use in countries and by agencies.
At this stage, ECA is embarking on consultations and meetings to inform selected countries and stakeholders of the ongoing process. Knowledge and information gathered during the consultations will help to validate the knowledge and knowledge tools being developed.
- To present and validate results of the Pilot projects and consultations with Member States
- To establish coherence with existing continental frameworks on infrastructure
- To present a plan for scaling up knowledge in critical areas such as project preparation and development, and management/coordination of large scale infrastructure projects for structural transformation in Africa
- To present a plan for integrating transboundary infrastructure projects implementation in national development plans
- Ministers of Planning, Development and Planning Experts ,Infrastructure Development Experts, Civil Society Organizations
For further information, please contact: