The United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (ECA) will host the tenth meeting of the Inter-Agency and Expert Group on Sustainable Development Goal Indicators (IAEG-SDGs) from 21 to 24 October 2019 at its Conference Centre in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
The IAEG-SDGs was created by the United Nations Statistical Commission, at its forty-sixth session on 6 March 2015. It is composed of 27 member States, eight of which are African countries, and including regional and international agencies as observers. The IAEG-SDGs was tasked to develop and implement the global indicator framework for the Goals and targets of the 2030 Agenda. The global indicator framework was developed by the IAEG-SDGs and agreed upon, including refinements on several indicators, at the 48th session of the United Nations Statistical Commission held in March 2017. The global indicator framework was subsequently adopted by the General Assembly on 6 July 2017.
The IAEG-SDGs has so far held nine meetings and the main objectives of the upcoming tenth meeting will be to:
- review the tier classification of the SDG indicators;
- review Tier III indicators work plans and updates;
- discuss the 2020 comprehensive review and additional indicators and develop detailed timeline;
- discuss data disaggregation of the SDG indicators;
- share experiences on implementing monitoring of the SDGs;
- discuss other related issues.
For more information, please visit: https://unstats.un.org/sdgs/meetings/iaeg-sdgs-meeting-10/orcontact Negussie Gorfe email@example.com / Tinfissi-Joseph Ilboudo firstname.lastname@example.org of the African Centre for Statistics.
Plenary Session - Provisional Agenda