At the end the course, participants will be provided not only a general and comprehensive overview of regional trade agreement, but also the various steps needed and the role of various stakeholders including the media and private sector and other non-state actors to make it a success. A particular emphasis should be put on the development of national strategies to fully utilize the opportunities of AfCFTA.
At the end of this online course, participants should be able to:
- Appreciate the role that regional integration could play in Africa’s economic growth and development
- Understand the arduous process leading to the AfCFTA, and the way forward
- Recall and understand key provisions of the AfCFTA agreement and its protocols
- Critically assess what it would take for the AfCFTA to deliver on its promises
- Evaluate the likely impacts of the AfCFTA — both in terms of gains and losses — on their respective country
- Recommend, as part of a country AfCFTA strategy, measures that their government could take to leverage the opportunities arising from the AfCFTA and mitigate any short-term costs
- Explain the fundamentals of the AfCFTA and its potential impacts to other interested parties.