Date: 26 March, 2017
Venue: King Fahd Hotel, C01
Time: 9:00 – 11:00
Over the past few years, a number of effective policies and programmes to support inclusive business and inclusive markets have been implemented in different countries and sectors across Africa. However, despite the multiplicity of actors, there is no institution that facilitates the exchange of best practice across the African continent. It is in this context that the creation of the African Inclusive Markets Excellence Centre (AIMEC) was requested during the 9th Joint Annual Meetings of the Conference of Ministers (COM2016).
AIMEC is intended to become the premier pan-African regional platform for thought leadership and action on inclusive business and inclusive markets. It will support and facilitate the sharing of best practice and peer learning among both policy makers and implementing organizations.
The main objective of the breakfast side event is to formally present AIMEC and demonstrate the value proposition of the Center and its potential benefits to targeted groups such as the public sector and its affiliates, private sector and development actors.
- Provide an opportunity for the audience to better understand the relevance of the AIMEC and its value proposition;
- Attract potential partners to support the process of creating the Centre; and
- Give more visibility to the AIMEC.
- Selected Ministers of Economy and Finance
- Civil society and Private sector actors ( businessmen and businesswomen)
- Development partners
For further information please contact: Mr. LIWAEDDINE Fliss: LIWAEDDINEF@africa-union.org