Criteria and Guidelines for Exhibitions
Exhibitions sponsored by Member States, UN system and other Inter-Governmental Organizations as well as accredited Major Groups and other stakeholders, are welcome to exhibit at 5th Africa Regional Forum on Sustainable Development, Marrakech, Morocco, 16-18 Apr 2019. Any member state or UN-entity interested in participating in the exhibition must submit a proposal using the online exhibition request form and provide a detailed description of the proposed exhibition, including an explanation of how its thematic focus relates to the Forum’s theme on “Empowering people and ensuring inclusiveness and equality”, and the six goals that are the focus of 5th ARFSD 2019, namely;
- Goal 4: Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all.
- Goal 8: Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all.
- Goal 10: Reduce inequality within and among countries.
- Goal 13: Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts.
- Goal 16: Promote peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development, provide access to justice for all and build effective, accountable and inclusive institutions at all levels.
- Goal 17: Partnership for the goals.
- To secure a space, please submit a completed exhibition application form to the ECA through https://www.uneca.org/arfsd2019/exhibition-request. Preference is given to proposals on behalf of groups and/or partnership among entities on a first come, first serve basis.
- Kindly attach a detailed description of the exhibition, including all organizing partners, elements of the exhibition, dimensions and the thematic focus.
- Applications for exhibition spaces will be reviewed by ECA and space allocated based on the scale of exhibition. Approved exhibits will be notified directly in March and must confirm acceptance of the space by 20 March 2019.
- To expedite the application process for exhibition spaces it’s strongly suggested that all application be completed in either English or French languages.
- All financial costs associated with the exhibition are to be borne by the organizers.
- ECA in collaboration with the host country will make every effort to accommodate all eligible requests for exhibitions.
- Exhibitions can be visited by all accredited and registered participants to the ARFSD 2019 and must remain in place for the duration of the Conference.
- Generally, exhibition spaces can only accommodate hanging exhibits (such as pictures, posters, portraits and banners), table displays, standalone exhibits and small display cases. Tables for exhibition can be provided at a cost but must be reserved at the time of request.
- No security services are made available explicitly for the exhibition spaces during the exhibition exercise.
- Publicizing an exhibition is the responsibility of its organizers. The ECA will not produce fliers, distribute notices, or run other publicity or outreach efforts on behalf of the exhibitors.
General UN Rules Governing Exhibitions
- Exhibition organizers can request services needed for their exhibition which should be specified in the online request form.
- The sale of printed materials or any goods during the exhibition. Any material or goods distributed as part of an exhibition should be offered free of charge.
- Exhibition organizers are responsible for their exhibitions. The ECA or host country is not responsible for damage or loss of exhibition materials.
- It is the responsibility of the exhibition organizers to ensure staff attending to exhibitions are registered and accredited for the Forum.
For further information on exhibitions, please contact:
The deadline for requesting for exhibition space is 15 March 2019.