Criteria and Guidelines for Exhibitions
Exhibitions sponsored by Member States, UN system and other Inter-Governmental Organizations as well as accredited Major Groups and other stakeholders, are welcome to exhibit at 6th Africa Regional Forum on Sustainable Development, Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe, 24–27 February 2020. Any member state or UN-entity interested in participating in the exhibition must submit a proposal using the online exhibition request form and provide a detailed description of the proposed exhibition, including an explanation of how its thematic focus relates to the Forum’s theme on “2020-2030: A Decade to Deliver a Transformed and Prosperous Africa through the 2030 Agenda and Agenda 2063”, and the five clusters of goals that are the focus of 6th ARFSD 2020, namely;
- People: Determination to end poverty and hunger, in all their forms and dimensions, and to ensure that all human beings can fulfil their potential in dignity and equality and in a healthy environment. ( SDGs 1,2,3,4,5 )
- Prosperity: Ensure that all human beings can enjoy prosperous and fulfilling lives and that economic, social, and technological progress occurs in harmony with nature (SDGs 7,8,9,10,11)
- Planet: Protect the planet so it can support the needs of the present and future generations (SDGs 6,12,13,14,15)
- Peace: There can be no sustainable development without peace and no peace without sustainable development (SDG 16)
- Partnerships: A spirit of strengthened global solidarity to address problems that cross geographical borders and sectors (SDG 17)
- To secure a space, please submit a completed exhibition application form to the ECA through https://www.uneca.org/arfsd2020/exhibition-request. Preference is given to proposals on behalf of groups and/or partnership among entities on a first come, first serve basis.
- Kindly attach a detailed description of the exhibition, including all organizing partners, elements of the exhibition, dimensions and the thematic focus.
- Applications for exhibition spaces will be reviewed by ECA and space allocated based on the scale of exhibition. Approved exhibits will be notified directly in January and must confirm acceptance of the space by 1st February 2020.
- To expedite the application process for exhibition spaces it’s strongly suggested that all application be completed in either English or French languages.
- All financial costs associated with the exhibition are to be borne by the organizers.
- ECA in collaboration with the host country will make every effort to accommodate all eligible requests for exhibitions.
- Exhibitions can be visited by all accredited and registered participants to the ARFSD 2020 and must remain in place for the duration of the Conference.
- Generally, exhibition spaces can only accommodate hanging exhibits (such as pictures, posters, portraits and banners), table displays, standalone exhibits and small display cases. Tables and a TV screen for exhibition can be provided at a cost but must be reserved at the time of request.
- No security services are made available explicitly for the exhibition spaces during the exhibition exercise.
- Publicizing an exhibition is the responsibility of its organizers. The ECA will not produce fliers, distribute notices, or run other publicity or outreach efforts on behalf of the exhibitors.
General UN Rules Governing Exhibitions
- Exhibition organizers can request services needed for their exhibition which should be specified in the online request form.
- The sale of printed materials or any goods during the exhibition is not allowed. Any material or goods distributed as part of an exhibition should be offered free of charge.
- Exhibition organizers are responsible for their exhibitions. The ECA or host country is not responsible for damage or loss of exhibition materials.
- It is the responsibility of the exhibition organizers to ensure staff attending to exhibitions are registered and accredited for the Forum
The deadline for requesting for exhibition space is 15 January 2020.
If you have any question relating to the exhibition, kindly contact:
Information Management Officer,
United Nations Economic Commission for Africa.