Pre event: Major Groups and other Stakeholders (MGoS) workshop
The workshop, which will be held on 24 February 2020, on the eve of the main sessions of the Regional Forum, is intended to achieve the following objectives:
- Brief major groups and other stakeholders on the follow-up and review process related to the implementation of the 2030 Agenda, in the light of the selected Sustainable Development Goals approach;
- Promote mutual learning through exchange of experiences, lessons learned and promising approaches and practices in the implementation of the 2030 Agenda and tracking of progress towards achieving the Sustainable Development Goals and the aspirations of Agenda 2063, with a special emphasis on the selected Goals that are particularly relevant to the 2019 high- level political forum;
- Promote dialogue and consensus among the major groups and other stakeholders on their perspectives to advance the implementation of the 2030 Agenda and Agenda 2063.
For further information on the High Level Political Forum (HLPF) and on the role MGoS play in the process, we recommend you to read the following documents prepared by the United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs:
- Introduction to the High Level Political Forum
- Engagement and participation opportunities for MGoS during HLPF