Call for Innovations to Accelerate the Attainment of Sustainable Development Goals
This call for innovations is designed to showcase both technological and non-technological innovations that are contributing significantly to the attainment of Agenda 2030 for Sustainable Development. The call is part of the African Regional Science, Technology and Innovation Forum 2020 to be hosted by Zimbabwe.
The main objective of the call is to encourage collaborations and partnerships, investment in innovation, information sharing and technology diffusion as well as to bring innovation to the global stage and stimulate interest in STI.
This call is open to all innovators that are making or seek to make a significant contribution to the attainment of any of the 17 Goals of Agenda 2030. The innovators can be individuals, teams, firms, institutions and civil society.
Complete the template attached and submit your innovation. All the ideas submitted will be reviewed by a team of experts and all teams will receive feedback. The top 30 selected innovations will be profiled by ECA and the top 10 will be invited to showcase their innovations at the African Regional STI Forum in Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe.
The main areas of assessment
- The impact of the innovation on economic, social and environment (6 points)
- Beneficiaries/clients: number of existing and potential clients at home and abroad (4 points)
- Leave no one behind: Does the innovation benefit women/youths/aged, rural, or the underserved in urban areas? (5 points)
- Driving future innovations: Can it be replicated, scaled up or spur further innovations? (5 points)
- All innovations must be submitted before 17:00 hrs East African Time of 15 December 2019
- Feedback will be provided by 20 January 2020
Required information for application: