CALL FOR ABSTRACTS AND PROPOSALS FOR OTHER FORMS OF PARTICIPATIONS
2017 CONFERENCE ON LAND POLICY IN AFRICA
14 – 17 November 2017, ADDIS ABABA, ETHIOPIA
“The Africa We Want: Achieving socioeconomic transformation through inclusive and equitable access to land by the youth.”
Sub-themes (recast sub-themes in blue):
- Emerging best practices in developing responsive land policies;
- Strengthening land governance and administrative institutions both at the local and national levels including the adoption of technology and innovations for securing land rights under different tenure regimes;
- Data, Monitoring and Evaluation of land governance
- Empowerment of youth through strengthening their land rights
- Women’s land access rights and gender equality – addressing persistent bottlenecks
- Inclusive, transparent and sustainable land based investments, economic justice and environmental management;
- Migration, radicalization and violent extremism – linkages to youth employment, entrepreneurship and access to land for investment;
- Rapid urbanization, land use and spatial planning policy and development planning.
Authors of selected abstracts will be notified by 26th August 2017.
Sponsorship is available for authors of qualifying papers.
Deadline: 4 August 2017 (Midnight GMT+3)