Charge Policy and Revised Rates
The ECACC-AA functions as a cost center. This is in line with UN General Assembly Resolutions as well as observations of the UN Board of Auditors.
A. ECACC-AA's Clients
Clients of ECACC-AA include ECA substantive and administrative divisions, other UN Agencies/Offices and Programs, the African Union Commission, accredited Embassies, international NGOs, Governmental institutions as well as selected professional associations and reputable corporations.
B. The new ECACC-AA Charge Policy
The charge policy is based on the following guiding principles:
- ECACC-AA operates on a charge-back system whereby the meeting rooms, equipment, supplies and services have to be charged for the non-ECA meetings.
- In compliance with the UNHQ directives, new Rates for ECACC-AA meeting rooms, equipment, services shall be applied and paid by all UN and non-UN clients.
- In addition to the Rates for ECACC-AA meeting rooms, equipment and services, the labour component (i.e. the staff time used to plan and service meetings during working hours as well as overtime) shall be charged based on established minimum workday rate of the staff involved.
- Discounts or reduced rates previously granted shall no longer apply.
- Non-UN clients must make a deposit of the estimated cost of the meeting at least one (1) week ahead of the date of the event, and the settlement of the final invoice shall be made on reception of the final invoice and latest thirty (30) days after the close of the event.
- In case of cancellation, a cancellation notice must be received in PCMS at least one (1) week before the starting date of the event.
- A cancellation fee of 5% of the estimated cost shall be charged to any client who has reserved Conference Rooms 1 to 6 at ECACC-AA, unless a cancellation notice is received at least one (1) week before the starting date of the event.
C. Revised Rates
Revised Rates applied for ECACC-AA and Africa Hall facilities are attached herewith. The Rates are effective as of 9 November 2015. A Contractual Agreement as well as a detailed cost estimate of a meeting can be obtained as usual from the CSS Budget and Finance Assistant . ( email@example.com ).
D. Booking of Facilities and Services
Bookings can be made by submitting a formal request through the electronic meetings scheduling and resource allocation system eMeets , available on the iSeek site (Double-click on Topics, click on Meetings and then on eMeets).
Meeting request forms: