Facilities and Services
Facilities and Services within the ECACC-AA
The first floor of the ECACC-AA is mainly composed of the conference rooms, caucus rooms, briefing rooms and the offices of the CCU. The Centre offers the following meeting facilities.
- Conference Room 1: Large conference hall with gallery; capacity 800, with 6 language simultaneous interpretation facility and the latest technology for multi-media presentations.
- Conference room 2: Medium conference hall with gallery; capacity 474, with 6 language simultaneous interpretation facility.
- Conference rooms 3, 4, 5 & 6: Smaller conference halls; capacity 115 each, with 3 language simultaneous interpretation facility.
- 10 Caucus rooms: usually used as breakout rooms and small meetings, capacity 20 - 40, caucus rooms 2, 3, 5 & 6 are located on the first floor whereas 7 - 11 are located on the second floor
- 1 suite meeting room: located on the west wing of the Centre, behind Conference Room 1, this room can accommodate 10 people.
2 briefing rooms:
- Large Briefing Room: U-shaped style, capacity 60
- Small Briefing Room: classroom style, capacity 44
- Press Briefing Room: classroom style, capacity 60
Business Centre: A fully equipped Business Centre provides access to international telephone and fax services, photocopying, computer workstations and internet use at set charges to users.
Offices: 6 offices behind Conference Room 2 that can be equipped with 2 computers and 1 shared printer each and 3 offices behind Conference Room 1 that can be equipped with 1 computer and 1 printer
VIP lounge and offices: located on the west wing of the Centre, behind Conference Room 1
Ministerial Lounge: located on the south of Conference Room 1
For the convenience of delegates, reception areas and lounges are equipped with Wi-Fi internet connection as well as closed circuit televisions to provide audio-visual coverage of the proceedings in all conference halls and rooms. All other areas are on-line through a seven-channel audio monitoring system.
Within the ECA Conference Center (ECACC), delegates and invited guests will have the opportunity to select from various cafeterias, dining lounges, and restaurants, as well as coffee bars with affordable prices based on the quality and type of menus required. In this regard, the ECACC has been partnering with the Sheraton Hotel Luxury Collection so as to provide the best in fine cuisine and well-organized banquets, cocktails, as well as other catering events. Catering services are located on the second floor of the ECACC, and in the Rotunda of the Africa Hall.
There is a branch of the Commercial Bank of Ethiopia located at the Rotunda of the Africa Hall, where foreign exchange can be effected.
Monday to Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm
NB: Automated Teller Machines (ATMs) services are available at the Commercial Bank of Ethiopia, and at the ECA Conference Center (ECACC).
For the purpose of reconfirming return flights or of booking travel locally or internationally, various travel agencies are conveniently situated at the Rotunda of the Africa Hall.
Delegates can reconfirm their bookings through Ethiopian airlines, the major Ethiopian carrier, as well as through various travel agencies.
Kindly note that Ethiopian Airlines operates at a dedicated desk of the ECACC during major events.
Apart from shuttles between hotels and the ECACC for meeting delegates and participants arranged by organizers, other means of transport are available which includes yellow–color taxis which can be safely hired by delegates.
Telecommunication and postal services are available in the Rotunda of the ECA