About the Livestream
The Economic Commission for Africa (ECA) and Ant Financial will co-host a live stream session entitled “leveraging technology in assisting African countries in the fight against COVID-19” on Thursday 23rd April from 13:00 to 14:30 Addis Ababa time (10:00 – 11:30 GMT).
The session will be conducted by Ms. Vera Songwe, UN Under-Secretary-General and Executive Secretary of ECA; Mr. Eric Jing, Executive Chairman of Ant Financial and Member of the ECA Digital Centre of Excellence Advisory Board; and Mr. Brian Wong, VP of Alibaba Group.
The session will begin with the sharing of experiences in the use of technologies to fight COVID-19 and support economic recovery by ECA, Alibaba and Ant Financial. This will be followed by a panel debate. During the debate, key political and private sector actors on the continent will be called upon to share their thoughts ideas and exchange ideas on how Africa could embrace the power of technology and partnerships to tackle the challenges faced. ECA will collate information gathered from the meeting, disseminate and represent it on its website and social media channels.
1. Opening - Dr. Vera Songwe, Executive Secretary, ECA, 10min
2. Leveraging Tech and Fostering Collaboration in COVID-19 Battle- Mr. Eric Jing , Executive Chairman of Ant Financial and Member of the ECA Digital Centre of Excellence Advisory Board, 10min
3. Digital Actions in the Age of COVID-19 - Mr. Brian Wong, VP Alibaba Group, 15min
4. Digital Actions in the Age of COVID-19 - Ms. Meng Yan, Head of International Partnerships, Ant Financial, 10 min
Session 2: Sharing African initiatives (25 min)
1. Mr. Moustapha Diaby, Minister of Digital Economy, Post and Telecommunications, Guinea
2. Ms. Cina Lawson, Minister of Digital Economy, Togo
3. Mr. Moctar Yedali, Head of Information Society, African Union Commission
4. Ms. Rebecca Enonchong, CEO AppsTech, Inc., Cameroon
5. Mr. Hossam Elgamal, Chairman of AfICTA, Egypt
6. Ms. Natalie P. Jabangwe, CEO of Ecocash, Zimbabwe
7. Ms. Amel Saidane, Président of Tunisia Startups, Tunisia
8. Ms. Ndeye Fatou Mboup, Africa’s ICT Vice-Champion, first Miss Geek, Senegal
Session 3: Q&A (20 min)
To see the poster Click here
Eric Jing - Leveraging Technology and Fostering Collaboration In the COVID-19 Battle
Meng Yan - Contactless Life and Contactless Loans - Digital Solutions to Support Clients in Battling the Crisis
Innovative tech and connectivity key to fighting COVID-19 in Africa
Addis Ababa, 23 April 2020