The ECA Briefing Programme
Our briefing programme provides an opportunity to further understanding and appreciation for the work of the United Nations and the ECA’s role, priorities and engagement with member States on the African Continent.
The briefings are tailored and includes a tour of the iconic Africa Hall, where you will learn more about key moments in Africa’s history and experience the splendour of the majestic stained glass mural by one of Ethiopia’s greatest artist, the late Afework Tekle. An additional visit to the ECA Library can be included on request.
Who are briefings for?
While any group may request a briefing, the most frequent requests come from:
- high school and university students
- business and government representatives
- non-governmental organizations (NGOs)
- members of the Diplomatic Corps
- participants attending meetings at the UN Conference Centre
- members of the media
- researchers from think tanks and academia
Details about briefings
- Group requests must be made a minimum of one (1) weeks in advance.
- Briefings at ECA headquarters in Addis Ababa are available on weekdays from 10:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Briefings at the sub-regional offices in Rabat, Niamey, Yaounde, Lusaka, Kigali and Dakar must also be requested in advance.
- Briefings are provided free of charge.
How do I request a briefing?
Due to the popularity of briefings, please complete and send the below form.
For any inquiries contact the ECA Communications Section, ECA at email@example.com or contact us on twitter @ECA_Official