Expected Outcomes and Outputs
The discussions and dialogue during the conference will result in:
- Increased dialogue and communication space for research, policy and practice nexus.
- Informed strategic direction of ClimDev-Africa programme and strengthened strategic alliances and partnerships for Africa’s climate and development agenda.
- Enhanced awareness and understanding of the current institutional and policy initiatives and ownership of the processes of integrating climate change in Africa’s development agenda.
- Increased understanding of existing situation and future needs on climate data, information, science and service delivery in Africa.
- Enhanced understanding of the exposure, risks and vulnerability of the continent to the impacts of climate change.
- Increased awareness on energy sources, development and access as well as the roles in development and economic transformation in Africa.
- Strengthened preparedness of Africa’s negotiators and participants of the CoP18.
Key information and reports will be produced and disseminated during and after the conference. These include:
- Conference report
- Working Papers
- Policy Briefs
- Press releases
- Daily bulletins
- Web publication compendium of the conference proceedings