Online Course on Fundamentals of Planning for Development
The aim of the course is to strengthen the capacities of planners, economists and other policymakers involved in the formulation of national development plans to ensure that they have a clear understanding of development planning approaches, processes, the different actors involved and the key stages and crucial steps in the development planning process.
The specific objectives are as follows:
- Support African countries to equip the staff of their planning institutions with updated knowledge on the historical and contemporary dynamics of development thinking and development policy-making and planning;
- Provide officials of African countries with the requisite skills and tools for designing, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating development plans;
- Contribute to the deepening of the comparative knowledge of African planners on global experiences of development planning;
- Explore alternative institutional arrangements and mechanisms for development planning, both globally and across Africa;
- Share knowledge and experiences among African officials on on-going efforts at development planning and long-term national visioning across the continent; and
- Introduce officials to new trends and techniques in development planning.