Online Course on Geospatial Information Systems and Planning for Territorial Development
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Introduce international and regional development agendas, and their measurement frameworks
- Present GIS and information and decision support system technologies and the contribution of NGDIs
- Introduce the systemic analysis approach of development, in order to proceed with the study of the existing, the identification of the data needs, and the approaches to answer them,
- Discuss the steps to realize a decision support system, based on GIS technology, in a context of interoperability and data sharing.
- Acquire the foundations to make the appropriate technological choices
- Know the different phases of conception, use and evaluation in order to contribute effectively.
- Practically use GIS on real themes