Online Course on Industrialization and Urbanization
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Discuss the recent main developments in world economy and how they affect the African continent;
- Identify the main economic and social developments in Africa;
- Better understand how urbanization has manifested in Africa terms of its economic, social and environmental impacts;
- Identify the challenges and opportunities for Africa in terms of utilizing the continent’s rapid urbanization for the fostering of industrialization;
- Examine how deliberate planning can result in a balanced system of cities and adequate urban form in a manner that enables industrialization;
- Discuss how African countries can integrate urban and industrial policies in order to optimally harness the potential of urbanization for structural transformation.
- Discuss ways and means of operationalizing recommendations in line with Vision 2063 and Agenda 2030 based on promising models and success stories.