The course will introduce the fundamentals of social investment and developing a business strategy that drives financing social investment. Learners will enhance their knowledge and skill on social protection and social services the state of key social services in Africa, Social Investment in the context of SDGs and Agenda 2063, monitoring social investment in Africa and financing social investment in Africa: policy and strategy.
At the end of the course, participants will have:
- An enhanced understanding of the key concepts, trends and conditions of social investment in Africa
- An improved understanding of the state of social protection and social services in Africa
- An enhanced skill on social investment ecosystem and products
- The knowledge and skills to monitor and benchmark social investment status at national level
- An improved knowledge on the challenges and opportunities of financing social investment in Africa and related policy intervention to ensure the financing of social investment to meet SDGs and Agenda 2063.