25 février, 2021 - 26 février, 2021
- Concept Note - Building forward better: towards a resilient and green Africa to achieve the 2030 Agenda and Agenda 2063
- Note conceptuelle - Mieux construire l’avenir : vers une Afrique résiliente et verte pour la réalisation du Programme 2030 et de l’Agenda 2063
- DRAFT Programme - Building forward better: towards a resilient and green Africa to achieve the 2030 Agenda and Agenda 2063
- Projet de programme - Mieux construire l’avenir : vers une Afrique résiliente et verte pour la réalisation du Programme 2030 et de l’Agenda 2063
- DRAFT Programme - Youth Innovators Design Bootcamp 2021
- Harnessing Emerging Technologies: the cases of Artificial Intelligence and Nanotechnology
- Youth Innovators Design Bootcamp 2021 - Research, Innovation and Entrepreneurship Opportunities of Emerging Technologies
- Report of the African Regional Science, Technology and Innovation Forum for the SDG 2020
- Assessment of STI capabilities to meet prioritized SDGs
- IATT Issues Brief on Science, Technology and Innovation for the SDGs Roadmaps
The third African Science, Technology and Innovation Forum will comprise the following activities, high-level policy dialogues, panel discussions and showcasing events:
- High-level policy dialogues: At least four high-level policy dialogues comprising Senior Governments, ministers, heads of United Nations agencies, and chief executive officers of firms, as well as vice chancellors of universities and heads of research and technology organizations, will be organized. The interactive high-level policy dialogues will focus on broad and cross-cutting issues and strategic direction, including opportunities and transformative levers, partnerships, commitments, actions and other measures to accelerate implementation.
- Panel session to assess progress on the 2030 Agenda and Agenda 2063: At least five sessions (on People,Prosperity, Planet, Peace, and Partnerships) will be held to assess progress and contribution of STI in the progress so far registered, and actions needed to amplify the impact of STI in meeting the Sustainable Development Goals. All panel sessions are organized in a town hall fashion without PowerPoint presentations, to encourage free discussions to take place.
- Special sessions: There are several special sessions and events that are intended to inform the Forum organized by partners and ECA. One of these is the Youth Bootcamp on emerging technologies and innovations to COVID-19
- Review and adoption of key messages of the Forum: During this part of the Forum, all stakeholders will review, propose amendments to and adopt the key messages aimed at accelerating implementation and to be submitted to the Africa Regional Forum on Sustainable Development 2021 and to inform the Inter-Agency Task Team on Science, Technology and Innovation for the Sustainable Development Goals as well as the Multi-stakeholder STI Forum.