Exhibitions sponsored by Member States, UN system and other Inter-Governmental Organizations as well as accredited Major Groups and other stakeholders, are welcome to exhibit at 7th Africa Regional Forum on Sustainable Development, Brazzaville, Republic of Congo. The Forum will be held in a hybrid format due to the ongoing pandemic.
Any member state or UN-entity interested in participating in the exhibition must submit a proposal using the online exhibition request form and provide a detailed description of the proposed exhibition, including an explanation of how its thematic focus relates to the Forum’s theme on “Building forward better: towards a resilient and green Africa to achieve the 2030 Agenda and Agenda 2063”, and the nine goals and the corresponding Agenda 2063 goals that are the focus of 7th ARFSD 2021, namely;
Goal 1: End extreme poverty;
Goal 2: Zero hunger;
Goal 3: Good health and well-being;
Goal 8: Decent work and economic growth;
Goal 10: Reduced inequalities;
Goal 12: Responsible consumption and production;
Goal 13: Climate action;
Goal 16: Peace justice and strong institutions;
Goal 17: Partnerships for sustainable development.
- To secure a space, please submit a completed exhibition application form to the ECA through https://www.uneca.org/content/exhibition-request. Preference is given to proposals on behalf of groups and/or partnership among entities on a first come, first serve basis.
- Kindly attach a detailed description of the exhibition, including all organizing partners, elements of the exhibition, dimensions and the thematic focus.
- Applications for exhibition spaces will be reviewed by ECA and space allocated based on the scale of exhibition. Approved exhibits will be notified directly in early February and must confirm acceptance of the space by 15th February 2021.
- To expedite the application process for exhibition spaces it’s strongly suggested that all application be completed in either English or French languages.
- All financial costs associated with the exhibition are to be borne by the organizers.
- ECA in collaboration with the host country will make every effort to accommodate all eligible virtual and in person requests for exhibitions.
- In person exhibitions can be visited by all accredited and registered participants to the ARFSD 2021 and must remain in place for the duration of the Conference. Virtual exhibitions will be publicly accessible via the Forum website.
- Generally, exhibition in person can only accommodate hanging exhibits (such as pictures, posters, portraits and banners), table displays, standalone exhibits and small display cases. Tables and a TV screen for exhibition can be provided at a cost but must be reserved at the time of request.
- No security services are made available explicitly for the exhibition spaces during the exhibition exercise.
- Publicizing an exhibition is the responsibility of its organizers. The ECA will not produce fliers, distribute notices, or run other publicity or outreach efforts on behalf of the exhibitors.
General UN Rules Governing Exhibitions
- Exhibition organizers can request services needed for their exhibition which should be specified in the online request form.
- The sale of printed materials or any goods during the exhibition is not allowed. Any material or goods distributed or displayed virtually as part of an exhibition should be offered free of charge.
- It is important to make sure you have permission to use the images, graphics, documents, and objects in your exhibit. All digital materials displayed virtually as part of the exhibition must be public domain or licensed to the exhibitor.
- Exhibition organizers are responsible for their exhibitions. The ECA or host country is not responsible for damage or loss of exhibition materials.
- It is the responsibility of the exhibition organizers to ensure staff attending to exhibitions are registered and accredited for the Forum.
The deadline for requesting for exhibition space is 10 February 2021.